Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Old Times

Having lunch in school, and yes, blog-reading time too.
Read Jas's, DNA's and Juliet's blogs. By the time I finished reading them, I don't know why but I started to tear. As I read DNA's blog, I miss times with my brother (he went for hols with my mum & daisie!); and I know how Joy and Juliet felt after a family gathering.
Each time when I'm feeling down, I'd miss home. Well, don't mistaken the word "home". Where I am staying now is my home. But the "home" I'm talking about is "home" where my own family used to be...when Dad was still around. I miss having my family with me, all the time. I miss Papa.
When I was in China, I passed by the men's department and saw polo tees. The thought of getting a few for Papa just came naturally....before I caught hold of it and reminded myself that he's no longer around. It hurts, my heart aches. I dreamt of Papa several times these recent weeks. Maybe it's because Father's Day was just over, maybe it's because it's going to be a year soon... . And, this time last year, we were preparing to go UK, isn't it? Time flies so quickly.
I must learn to treasure what I have now and not keep looking to the past.
Mama, I love you. Didi, I love you too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Recently I dreamt of your papa too. Maybe it is because his anniversary is just round the corner. I miss the time I spent with him in Genting in 2006. Time really flies.

jaslene said...

We all missed him too... Rachel will still ask me: mummy, 2nd old uncle is in the same heaven as we are looking up the sky ??? She has seen the sky as uncle's new home already. We all luv u :) Look forward to our gathering yeah!