Friday, February 6, 2009

Windy Singapore....

It has been rather windy and dry these few months. As I travel around the island, I notice that the grass has become shrivelled as days go by. So poor thing! I wish I have a water hose with me so that I can start sprinkling water on the grass as I go.

I've actually prayed for rain to water the earth... It's been drizzling a little these two days. I hope it will pour heavily during the night. I hope to see greenery again, soon.

Thru' this, I realise that the trees must have roots growing deep into the soil, for most of them are still green and full (not bare). Water is available deep down in the ground. Trees have to grow roots all the way down in order to have water to survive. Deep roots also help trees to anchor themselves to the ground so that they won't be uprooted in times of storm or strong winds.

No comments: