Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Where have the gentle-men gone too?

Last Sat I attended a friend's wedding dinner. It was my first time wearing a tea dress. Nothing great right? But I seldom wear such "formal" dress, so it was definitely quite an experience for me ;) Anyway, it was a nice wedding dinner. Tho, there were a couple of incidents that irked me!

The solemnisation ceremony was held in the events hall, where the dinner would be held too. While the pastor was giving the message, three times a mobile phone rang and we could hear people talking non-stop at the back of the room (the hall wasn't that big). Such irritating and discourteous behaviour!

Another incident that annoyed me was the inconsiderate behaviour of two men. I was coming out of the restroom and there was this young man in front of me, holding on to an elderly man, who was walking very slowly. As we turned the corner and approached the glass doors to the dining hall, I saw 2 men standing at the other side of the doors. I should think that they saw us coming? It was obvious that the young man would need help to open the heavy door while holding on the old man, right? But there wasn't any proactive act of opening the door for the young man with the elderly man...or even for me, as I walked on faster than the two in front of me! I was appalled that I, a lady, had to move forward to open and hold the door for the young man and the elderly man to walk thru! Those two men merely looked and turned away, continuing with their conversation! Mm...am I unreasonable to demand some gentlemanly act from those two guys? Even in this modern times, women are and will still be impressed when a guy acts in a gentleman way. It's not treating the woman as a weakling, but simply remembering and showing respect for the woman! Even to fellow men when the needs arises. In general, a man (and a woman) should be considerate in his dealing wih others, isn't it?

No comments: