Monday, October 15, 2007

Maintaining Relationships

Today I met a couple of friends for lunch. Had Japanese buffet @ Mirama Hotel. Fantastic! Had all the sashimi I could! Hahahaha....
These two were my colleagues. One is currently in another school, the other 'enjoying' her leave. I'm so glad to have these two friends. It's not easy for me to maintain friendships, I realised over the years. It's always been friends looking for me, asking me out. Guess I'm just too busy living my own life to fork out time to meet friends and keep in touch. I'm not quite a 'good' friend to have, eh?
Heard this from another friend just the past week - "having a meal with people is an intimate thing to do because you build bond thru' having meals together." How true! We have meals with our family and close/loved ones. It's a great way to be in touch, isn't it? I've always enjoyed having lunch with these two friends when we were colleagues. Over the past year, my two friends and I had been building our friendship over lunches. Well, i was driven around and had free lunches most of the time! Of course I enjoyed it! Hahaha... (I did foot the bill, a couple of times ;)
Catching up over lunch today was great! I miss having lunch with them, especially the lady who has become like an elder sister. To think that I was supposed to be her buddy when she first came to school! Hahaha.... Looking forward to having her back in school again.... my lunch kaki, my listening ear, and not forgetting, she's my Darling's advocate! Hahahaha..... (she'd always chide me for being petty and never fail to remind me how patient and understanding, etc my Darling is....) (Yes, sister, I do know ;)

No comments: