What's Next?
When you're young, people ask "any boyfriend yet?". By the time you have one, the next question is "when are you getting married?". Soon, after you're married, they will ask "when are you going to have a baby?". Oh, don't be mistaken, no one has asked me that question...yet.
Just read Juliet's blog and she was lamenting (initially) how guilty she was when Joy asked why Mummy does not play with her while Daddy does. Well, last week, I was thinking about the "next phase" of marriage - having a baby. That's supposed to be the natural process, the next thing to do, the other aspect to complete a family...isn't it? Or is it?
You see, if I or my Darling has little time for oneself and for each other, how can we afford the time for our little one? Unlike Juliet, I don't mind not having my own space (of course need the personal space now and then), but I do mind not having my Darling's attention and time. So, at this moment, I don't think I'm ready to share my Darling yet...
(Got the hint??)


3 comments:
heehee...... who knows, when u does really have a baby, it will be the other way round? ie. Dan will loathe not having enough of ur attention??!! next phase of life ... :>
People always tell me you will feel differently when you have your own child!! UMMM!?!?!?
Am I ready for a child yet? Maybe not! Why? Cos I'll feel too responsible and stressed!!!.. I cant even look after myself let alone look after a child!
And me too, I dont want to share my Hupps with anyone! What if he loves the child more than me?!?! But so many people tell me, includ. Hupps - "Its a different kind of love"!!!
And think of the delivery process and sleepless nights, crying, nappies, messy rooms, snots... Oh my - stress man!!! Overall, a child at the moment is too much pressure! But maybe we should let nature take its course?!?!? Nah, not yet! Need to be more prepared first... mentally & financially...
Aiyo... after you have your first child, people will ask when is your second one coming? Sigh..so naggy...
Post a Comment