Monday, December 17, 2007

Back from Holiday!

The holiday ended so soon! Darling & I had so much fun in Korea! It was a trip that was worth spending on. Each experience was fantastic and several were a first for us!

There's so much to write about... I'll try.

Day 1: We reached Korea and were received by our local tour guides. We were a big group, so they put us into Bus A & Bus B. Darling didn't quite like the look of our guide - didn't seem friendly. We went for a palace tour. Our guide told us a lot about Korean history and culture. He added a hint of humor here and there and we slowly got to know our guide better. He wasn't as bad as he looked. Over the next few days of interaction, we would gradually grow to like him. Next, we went to a fashion street - Women's Street. Initially I thought I'd get to buy some stuff here. It turned out that not many things caught my eye... went back empty handed! That same evening, we flew to Jeju Island - Honeymooners' Paradise.

Fashion Street

Grilled Meat











Day 2: We went round Jeju Island. We had abalone porridge for breakfast...



Can you spot the abalone in the bowl of porridge?







That day, we went sight-seeing around the island. Was fun...but the moment I had been waiting for was finally here! Teddy Bear Museum!

Look at all the cute little bears on display! Couldn't buy a regular size one... I bought a small bear instead ;-D











Okay, will pause here for today... I'll continue in the next post....

No comments: