Keeping In Touch
Today, during lunch, I decided to browse thru' my cousins' blogs. It's actually a great way to keep in touch with what's going on in each other's lives. We have always been very close, with Da Jie (Juliet) leading us. She started our yearly gathering when... I think I was in Poly. With everyone in tow, (youngest - Ah 9, in pri sch, I think), she would bring us to the Zoo, museum, dinner @ restaurant, etc. We'd make it a point to have an outing every year. Our granny used to be so proud of us, cos we made the efffort to stay close with one another, even though we didnt stay near one another. She was worried that one day when she was gone, we'd all disperse too. Well, it's been almost 6 years since Ah Ma left us. Though nowadays, we don't really have an outing anymore, we still make it a point to meet for dinner, as regularly as we can and also to gather at someone's home now and then. Now, we're the ones organising these makan sessions, not so much of our parents.
Cousins, I truly miss those times when each family prepared a dish and we'd all pack into our vehicles and meet @ a certain beach or park and we'd have a makan session all day long. The adults would chat while we would cycle or roam around! That was such fun! Now, we see our younger generation running around, while the ah yi(s) and jiu jiu(s) playing with them. If only we could be young and carefree again...
Ju, when's our crab session???


2 comments:
Those were the days... it was fun right? I remembered we all squeeze in 1 cab 'cos we lost our way to the musemum. There were 8 of us...haha. Will organise one soon....back by popular demand!
hmm....no wonder, when I saw ur comment @ my blog, I was amazed! But good that we're using IT to keep in touch!
I missed those days too!
Nowadays, it is not easy at all. Gd example will be the crab session! See, initiated early Oct, likely meeting in ONE month's time! But still, better than nothing! muacks!
Post a Comment